People are working more and more these days, but just because you are working harder, does not mean that you are getting what you deserve. Here are five signs that it's time to look for another job.
1. You're not paid your worth - So, you've been working at a job for sometime now and your employer has not given you a raise? It’s time to negotiate or move on.
2. No development – Everyone needs to keep up with the fast-paced world that we live in. Some companies will pay for your professional development training or conferences. But even if your employer does not pay, pay for yourself. Find out if you can take time off from work for a day or two or even a half day to increase your knowledge. Increasing your skill set is valuable to you and your employer. If your boss does not encourage and allow for this, you are not getting better and you are not growing.
3. You're not developing new skills – This will take a while, but after sometime you want more responsibility. You keep asking your boss for more responsibility, but they wont give it to you. Or they keep saying you are not ready. First figure out where it’s coming from and try to address it. However, if there is no movement here, move on.
4. No credit for the work you do? Did you work on a great project and your boss didn’t acknowledge your great work. Did they try to take credit for the work that you did? This person is trying to hinder your growth, as such, you must go!
5. There is no such thing as loyalty – This is where most people get stuck. They feel like I just got this job and my employer gave me a chance or they are just grateful to have a job. While, that is true you are first loyal to yourself. Do not stay at a place that does not value what you bring to the table.